Supply Chain Engine for Health
Chief Finance Officer
Function of the Role
The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all the financial operations of LifeBank, including accounting, financial reporting, tax, business control and treasury. S/he will direct the company’s financial objectives, control the company’s finances, establish financial policies, manage financial risk, manage the company’s financial relationships with banks, manage financial recordkeeping, as well as oversee the finance department. The candidate will play a key role in closing all financing rounds of the company.
- Ensure key financing rounds are closed quickly and smoothly.
- Develop financial models for the company as it grows and expands across Africa taking into account its unique business drivers
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Draft relevant financial operating practices and ensure these policies are implemented.
- Responsible for internal and external audit
- Ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met
- Ensures financial and operational compliance within all business units and look for effective methods to optimise company revenues
- Set operational policies for actuarial valuation of the business.
- Look for opportunities to minimise tax liabilities of the organisation.
- Management of all banking operations, inclusive of practices and policies.
- Manages corporate financing, liquidity risk and cash flow for policyholders and shareholders through the finance team.
- Analyses business, financial and general operating information to identify trends and opportunities for development and produce management information to ensure that business developments remain financially viable.
- Analyses and monitors the effect of budget or policy changes on business unit productivity.
- Assists in deciding on the financial and business viability of new and existing projects and programmes
- Responsible for creating annual and quarterly budget targets of the company, and ensuring compliance with budget allocations and policies
- Drafting and ensure all reporting obligations of the company are met within given timelines
- Coordinate all regulatory obligations of the company to ensure prompt compliance
- Perform other duties assigned to it by the CEO
- Business Administration
Professional Finance Certification
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- ACA or ACCA Qualification
- 4-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and busy environment with competing demands on time and resources
Skills and Abilities
- Financial planning and strategy
- Managing profitability
- Strategic planning and vision
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Budget development
- Good negotiation skills
- High level of professionalism
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Have a deep desire to work in the startup industry and be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Confident and pleasant
- A tech-savvy and knowledgeable of current trends
- Loves a challenge
- Work in the office
- Required to work overtime, on weekends and travel if necessary
How to Apply
To apply for this job, kindly send your C.V and necessary documents to email@example.com